The Barrie Construction Association
The Barrie Construction Association evolved from the Barrie Bid Depository and Plans Room which has been operating since the early 1950's. In the spring of 1987 an idea was put into motion to open a construction association which would address the needs of the ICI sector in the area. By August of 1991 we had become incorporated as The Barrie Construction Association and in a few short years we have grown and expanded to over 400 members. Our Membership base is made up from all facets of non-residential construction and related businesses. As we continue to grow our goal is to become the voice of ICI Construction in the Huronia Region.
The BCA is governed by a Board of Directors. There is up to a total of 13 Directors, 12 who are elected each year from the membership and the 13th being the Past President. The membership of the board is made up as follows as directed by the by-laws; 3 General Contractors, 3 Supply and Services, 3 Trade Contractors and 1 from the Heavy Construction. The President is an individual that has served an internship as Vice President before stepping into the position of President.
The Board of Directors is made up from volunteers from within the membership and are dedicated people who are interested in seeing the construction association succeed and be of benefit to all its members. Board Members hold their position for a minimum of two years.
- To be an organization that represents general trade contractors, architects, engineers, other allied industries and services.
- Create opportunities for members to know and learn from each other.
- To operate a display service for plans & specifications for the convenience of owners consultants and members firms.
- To address industry concerns as brought forward by members.
- To provide other services as determined necessary and desirable by the Board of Directors.