THE CORPORATION OF THE TOWN OF NEW TECUMSETH
Seasonal – Full Time 40-Hours/ Week 2017-57
The Town of New Tecumseth is seeking reliable persons with a positive attitude to join our team in the Public Works Department. Reporting to the Supervisor of Roads, this position performs all aspects of work related to the servicing, maintenance and inspection of the Town’s right of ways in both urban and rural settings, including but not limited to roads, traffic control devices, sidewalks, ditches, culverts, bridges, storm sewers, street trees, street lights, and works yards.
• Must have a Class DZ (or higher) driver’s license in good standing.
• Three (3) years of experience in a similar position would be an asset.
• Must be competent and have a sound knowledge in the operation of all assigned equipment in a safe and efficient manner. Heavy Equipment Operator Training/Certification for the following items would be an asset: snow plow, motor grader, backhoe, loader, street sweeper, and excavator.
• Must demonstrate sound knowledge of maintenance and construction practices as well as construction equipment and vehicles.
• T.J. Mahoney Construction and Maintenance modules and Snow School from the OGRA Roads School courses would be an asset. Book 7 training an asset.
• Must have knowledge and understanding of the Minimum Maintenance Standards under the Municipal Act.
• Ability to perform basic math calculations.
• Mechanical aptitude required with the ability to interpret plan and profile drawings as required.
• Must have legible handwriting skills and the ability to communicate sufficiently to do the job.
• Must be familiar with the Ontario Occupational Health & Safety Act and ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with safe working procedures and that personal protective equipment is worn as required.
• First Aid/CPR an asset or ability to attain it.
• Capable of working safely without supervision.
• 40-hours per week plus overtime after 44 hours per week.
• Safely operates and maintains all applicable equipment.
• Conducts winter maintenance operations including snow plowing, application of road maintenance materials including but not limited to sand and salt to roadways, sidewalks, and parking lots. Removes accumulated snow from roadways and boulevards as required.
Salary Range: $ 22.28/hr
Start Date: October 30, 2017
Please submit your cover letter and resume in Word or PDF format to email@example.com
no later than 4:30 pm on October 18, 2017.
Please quote competition #2017-57 in the subject line of your email.
We thank you for your interest, however; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Information collected will be used solely for the purpose of candidate selection, in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy Act
The Town of New Tecumseth is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
For more information and a complete list of current employment opportunities, please visit our website at http://newtecumseth.ca/town-hall/employment-volunteering/