Category Archives: Uncategorized
THE CORPORATION OF THE TOWN OF NEW TECUMSETH
Seasonal – Full Time 40-Hours/ Week 2017-57
The Town of New Tecumseth is seeking reliable persons with a positive attitude to join our team in the Public Works Department. Reporting to the Supervisor of Roads, this position performs all aspects of work related to the servicing, maintenance and inspection of the Town’s right of ways in both urban and rural settings, including but not limited to roads, traffic control devices, sidewalks, ditches, culverts, bridges, storm sewers, street trees, street lights, and works yards.
• Must have a Class DZ (or higher) driver’s license in good standing.
• Three (3) years of experience in a similar position would be an asset.
• Must be competent and have a sound knowledge in the operation of all assigned equipment in a safe and efficient manner. Heavy Equipment Operator Training/Certification for the following items would be an asset: snow plow, motor grader, backhoe, loader, street sweeper, and excavator.
• Must demonstrate sound knowledge of maintenance and construction practices as well as construction equipment and vehicles.
• T.J. Mahoney Construction and Maintenance modules and Snow School from the OGRA Roads School courses would be an asset. Book 7 training an asset.
• Must have knowledge and understanding of the Minimum Maintenance Standards under the Municipal Act.
• Ability to perform basic math calculations.
• Mechanical aptitude required with the ability to interpret plan and profile drawings as required.
• Must have legible handwriting skills and the ability to communicate sufficiently to do the job.
• Must be familiar with the Ontario Occupational Health & Safety Act and ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with safe working procedures and that personal protective equipment is worn as required.
• First Aid/CPR an asset or ability to attain it.
• Capable of working safely without supervision.
• 40-hours per week plus overtime after 44 hours per week.
• Safely operates and maintains all applicable equipment.
• Conducts winter maintenance operations including snow plowing, application of road maintenance materials including but not limited to sand and salt to roadways, sidewalks, and parking lots. Removes accumulated snow from roadways and boulevards as required.
Salary Range: $ 22.28/hr
Start Date: October 30, 2017
Please submit your cover letter and resume in Word or PDF format to email@example.com
no later than 4:30 pm on October 18, 2017.
Please quote competition #2017-57 in the subject line of your email.
We thank you for your interest, however; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Information collected will be used solely for the purpose of candidate selection, in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy Act
The Town of New Tecumseth is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
For more information and a complete list of current employment opportunities, please visit our website at http://newtecumseth.ca/town-hall/employment-volunteering/
City of Barrie Building Services has been implementing new processes to improve customer interactions and is requesting your feedback to measure their effectiveness. If you’ve recently interacted with the Building Services department, please share your experiences with staff through the Building Services Customer Satisfaction Survey (open until November 1, 2017).
Many thanks to the sponsors of the Community Builders Golf Tournament. Your support helped to ensure our success!
Bobcat of Barrie
Calow Benefit Group
Corix Water Products
North Rock Group
REGISTRATION CLOSED. CALL 705-726-5864 EXT. 2 FOR DETAILS
OCTOBER 4, 2017 8AM TO 5PM
Excel for Construction (Basic)
(costs, tracking, lists, schedules, estimates, production rates)
CCA has accredited this course for 1 Gold Seal Special Industry Credit (SIC)
Excel is an excellent tool to calculate and track important information.
If tasks such as tracking expenses, jobs and equipment, or creating estimates are work that you do, then this
course will help save you time and money. If you have ever used a spreadsheet created by someone else and
struggled, then this course is for you.
Do you calculate production rates? keep track of costs or budgets? Excel makes these tasks easy and it gives
you a record of all your calculations (unlike your calculator). Excel makes it easy to verify your work and enter
Our one day workshop will show you how to use Excel to do all these things. Learn to create your own
spreadsheets, and change existing ones.
The Construction Professional will be able to use Excel to create estimates, track expenses, calculate overruns,
track production rates, calculate materials usages.
1. Create better financial estimates of projects
2. Calculate and create records of production rates
3. Maintain better financial records of business expenses
4. Be able to do tracking of expenses and revenues by job
Participants should have a basic understanding of how to use a computer (create a letter, create an
email, find files). For people who do not have these skills, we offer a course titled ‘In From the Site’
which is designed specifically for construction personnel unfamiliar with computer office technologies.
October 4th – 8am to 5pm
200 Brock St., Barrie
Cost: $299.00 + HST
– Basic spreadsheets for simple estimates
o Numerical calculations using excel
o Incorporating financial information (estimates) into Word documents
o Creating simple estimates
o Using formulas
o Creating Budgets
o Calculating Production Rates
– Tracking Expenses
o Simple calculations over time – expense tracking
o Record Keeping – jobs and equipment
o Subtotals – tracking by job or location
o Filters – analyzing results
o If Statements
o Multiple books and Links – job tracking
– Year over Year comparisons
o Conditional Formatting
Enrollment is a minimum of 7 to a maximum of 12 persons to ensure that each participant receives
individualized attention. This is a hands-on workshop and laptops with software are provided for the
duration of the course.
John Eek of John Eek & Son Ltd passed away on Friday September 8, 2017.
John and his family have a long history in the construction industry in Simcoe County and have been long time members of the BCA.
Our condolences go to the family on the loss of their great Dad and Poppa. John will be resting at the Skwarchuk Funeral Home in Bradford. You can find the details at the link below.