R.J. Burnside & Associates Limited
R.J. Burnside & Associates Limited (Burnside) is currently seeking a dynamic individual with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment at our Barrie office.
Reporting to the Branch Manager and receiving daily assistance and guidance from the current Administrative Assistant, this opportunity will offer the successful candidate the chance to be an integral part of the administration team working on a variety of tasks.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Reception and general office duties (incl. maintaining boardrooms, ordering catering, ordering
office supplies, coordinating office upkeep, etc.);
• Processing and distributing incoming/outgoing mail and couriers;
• Schedule meetings and interact with clients and internal staff on behalf of project managers;
• Typing and formatting, to company standards;
• Providing administrative support for technical staff, including correspondence, report/proposal,
tender document and payment certificates preparation, mail merges, meeting minutes, agendas,
• Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate should possess:
• One (1) to three (3) years of administrative experience in an office setting;
• Successful completion of a College Diploma in Business Administration or related field, preferred;
• Strong time management and organizational skills;
• Effective communication skills (written/verbal) with partners and all levels of staff;
• Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, 2010 or higher) with
demonstrated interest and ability to learn new systems;
• Flexibility to work overtime when required;
• Ability to work: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Founded in 1970, R.J. Burnside & Associates Limited is a progressive Canadian-owned multi-discipline engineering and environmental consultancy firm with over 300 staff and a proven track record of providing the highest level of service to clients in the Public, Private, International and Aboriginal sectors. We have 11 offices across Ontario, Manitoba and Alberta and work on projects throughout Canada and world-wide.
Burnside has expertise in the many technical disciplines including hydrogeology, air and noise, asset management & GIS, environmental services, land development, renewable energy & conservation, solid waste, structures, transportation, water/wastewater and well drilling & diagnostics.
We take pride in our people and the company has a strong reputation as being a great place to work. We are always interested in speaking with talented people who wish to share their careers with us at any of our offices. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including RSP and Profit Sharing Plans, Fitness Benefits, Flexible Hours, Career Development Opportunities, Mentoring, Continuing Education, Social Activities and a working environment second to none.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace and we welcome or consider resumes from all qualified candidates. Burnside will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the entire recruitment, assessment and selection process, as required. If you are a person with a disability and require an accommodation during these processes, please contact our Human Resources department.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.