OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY TRAINING MANAGER
INDUSTRIAL SAFETY TRAINERS INC.
Location: IST Head Office – Barrie
Duration: Full Time
Accountable for all aspects of managing the Training Department, inclusive of Trainer Mentorship Program, in tandem with fostering a collaborative team effort to adhere to standards set by both IST and legislative government bodies. This role is fiscally responsible for adhering to department budgets, as well as overall company budgets. This role will participate in business development through membership on the management team, assist with strategic planning, and develop, monitor or update internal training programs as required to ensure compliance with all regulatory bodies or legislation. The applicant must have a strong foundation of current knowledge of health and safety legislation, best practices, and industry standards.
Qualifications & Key Job Requirements:
• Solid understanding of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and its regulations
• Current knowledge of OHSA legislation, CSA Standards, best practices and industry standards.
• Leadership Experience
• Critical thinking & strong analytical skills
• Experience in a manufacturing or construction environment
• Membership on a JHSC (fully certified)
• Experience operating material handling equipment
• Exposure to adult learning principles is mandatory
• Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office applications
• Valid G driver’s license
• Auditing of Training Sessions, Coaching & Mentoring of IST Trainers and Consultants
• Conduct effective onboarding of new hires for Training Department
• Program Development:
New training course development
H&S Programs & Employee Handbooks
3rd Party program development
• Administration & maintenance of teaching aids
• Conduct performance evaluations
• Monitoring of company owned vehicles, including driving practices of operators via driving alerts and reports from GPS units, conducting inspections on vehicular fleet and all associated administrative documents and functions.
• Provide logistical support, course development, delivery, evaluation, process measurements, and cost management of the training department as a departmental entity
• Assist with the development of strategic plans
• Maintain a keen understanding of training trends, developments and best practices
• Identify future training needs and create curriculum to facilitate that training
• Twenty percent of time will be assigned training courses or consulting scenarios for IST clients.
Remuneration: Commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates can send resume to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Fax: 705-792-6619
Industrial Safety Trainers thanks all candidates in advance; only those being considered for the opportunity will be contacted.